Monday, November 16, 2009

Any teens in therapy or counseling?

Ok, I'm a therapist and sometimes I get teens who don't want to be in therapy and I can't blame them. Sometimes, a parent or school counselor is making them go. Unless you really want to be there it's hard to get into it. I'd love to hear from teens who have been in this situation and what made it better for them...something the therapist did...something you suggested. I mainly just listen, offer choices to talk, draw or play games, try not to push them about past stuff. Just hoping I can help them stay out of trouble and maybe talk about what's going well for them. Talking to other therapists and reading books on this helps but not as much as talking to teens who are going through this or have been through it.

Any teens in therapy or counseling?
Ive went to one when I was a teen, and It really didn't help me back then because i was being forced into it. I just said anything to get it over and done with.
Reply:I have help for my depression and I want it. I take all the advice he gives me, analyze it and use it. it really helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment